The Goodwood Baptist Church (GBC) is a church holding to the great doctrines of reformation.
The GBC family compromises people from a variety of backgrounds. From the very outset, the focus of our services and ministry has been unashamedly God’s Word above all else. Public worship is conducted simply with a clear focus on preparing God’s people to hear God’s Word. We seek to implement ministries that present the gospel clearly to all age-groups.
- The Scriptures of the Old and the New Testaments to be the inspired Word of God.
- In the worship of the triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That man is a sinner, that Christ died for those whom the Father would give to Him, that those whom God calls will come to Him, and will be saved and those God will keep to the end.
- That salvation is all of God’s free grace.
- That missions and evangelism is the responsibility of the Church, the end of which is the Glory of God.
- These are some of the truths to which we hold, being set forth in greater detail in the 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith which is the comprehensive statement of our faith and is freely available on request.